A Vibrant Life Cleanse plus 3 surprises !!!
I’ve been wanting to do a proper cleanse for a while now and as it goes, the universe sent me the perfect cleansing bible to help me get through a cleanse properly; The Vibrant Life Cleanse Program Ebook by Leanne Vogel. AND, i loved it!
Cleansing is great for giving your body a rest from digestion and allows the body the chance to get rid of any toxins. I’ve just completed one of Leanne’s 7 day cleanses, i chose the Restore Cleanse because it was my first time cleansing and i wanted to ease in. And i was really surprised how much i got out of it!
3 things that surprised me during my Vibrant Life Cleanse:
1. I detoxed my living space: on the second day of my cleanse i did a complete overhaul of my room. I got rid of a heap of clutter and junk that i just didn’t need. I took me 6 hours to rearrange my room, office and bed and detox out all the crap and i felt sooo good after it! Who would have thought that a cleanse could help you let go of and clear your physical surroundings as well as your internal space!
2. I was teary and emotional: aside from being slightly more sensitive and emotional from the hunger that overcomes you on the first 2-3 days, i felt like i had some emotions welling up in me that were ready to surface and release during that week. I didn’t feel resistance to these emotions either i was able to let them come up and go without much resistance. it was a nice weight off my shoulders. I didn’t even need to know what i was emotional about, it was just time for those heavy feelings to go and i accepted that. Another big surprise!
3. i craved toast: this one is a little more obvious but considering i have a very healthy diet, i was surprised that i had sugar cravings. i don’t eat sugary things, i’m not really into lollies or cakes but i like toast a few times a week and that really in a sense is a sugar/carb craving. This craving went after 2 days and since then i haven’t really craved toast so i think i successfully broke a carb craving that i didn’t know i had!
So everyone is asking me, what did i eat? Here are some examples of what you can expect on the menu during your cleanse.
- Salads: lots of leafy greens
- Some fruit
- Nuts and seeds
- Cold pressed juices
- Nourishing nut milks: these really kept me going during the juice day!
- Now it’s not in Leanne’s program but i really tried to listen to my body and decided i needed the odd emergency egg for a good protein hit to keep me going during work days or otherwise.
- Below is a picture of some veggies with cashew cream that i had during the cleanse: i diced up a bunch of sweet potato and roasted them for my upcoming salads etc. For this dish i simply fried up in some coconut oil with broccolini, garlic and sweet potato and topped it with some quick cashew cream and pepitas. Simple and delicious!
How does the program work?
Ramp Up Program: 3 days
The first 3 days are a warm up or a “ramp-up”. So you still have solid food, mostly veggies, nuts and fruit.
I did one day of juice cleansing in the middle as i was on the 7 day program. I had vegetable based juices and a nourishing nut milk before bed. The juice day was the hardest for me, i had a little bit of a headache and low energy so I ended up having half a banana before bed to quench my hunger and help me sleep. I’m not the best sleeper and going to bed hungry can keep me up. Check out my post 10 ways to get a better night sleep here
Wind Down Program: 3 days
On the last 3 days you get to add in solid foods again slowly with smoothies and salads, veggies and some protein on the last day
How do i feel Post-cleanse?
I feel great! i think the program did what it was supposed to do for me – gave my body a rest and the time to focus on healing, repair and detoxing. i really am glad i did it and feel great after completing it. I think i’d like to do it on a regular basis, maybe every few months.
What did i get out of it:
- A lot of people commented on how clear my eyes looked
- I lost a little weight that was just hanging around and felt a lot lighter
- I had zero bloat
- My cravings for carbohydrates/sugar went away
- I slept better after the first 3-4 days
- I felt more stable and balanced in my mood
- It felt great to keep things simple and get back to basics. This is something i really want to embrace post cleanse, eating wholefoods really is all about simplicity.
- During the program i noticed that at first i had a resistance to wanting to stick to it – and i came to the realisation that i shouldn’t be so hard on myself. Instead i chose to listen to my body so when i was feeling super low on energy, i whipped up a boiled egg. I listened to my body and i felt instantly better after having a little bit of protein to get me through my work day a little easier.
My Tips for the cleanse:
- Nourishing milks are your friend!
- If it’s winter try to include as many warm and warming foods as you can so you don’t get to cold!
- Pick a few smoothies and juices from the ebook and stick with them to reduce your shopping bill
- Be prepared for some surprises!
Leanne has some great links in the ebook to recipes suitable for your cleanse. Here are some examples of the meals i ate during my cleanse. Some delicious stuff in this list!
- Strawberry and almond chia pudding (Get recipe here)
- Smoothies – i loved the Red Rush, Green and Buzznana from the Leanne’s ebook
- Almond hommus and almond pulp crackers
- Soup – Split Pea and Turmeric Soup
- Nourishing milks: there are a number of nourishing milks in this ebook my favourite was the Cinnamon Stick Almond!
- Juice: I loved the Puckered beet juice from the Vibrant life cleanse program
- Roast veg with cashew cheese (See picture above and rough recipe)
All in all, i loved my Vibrant Life Cleanse experience and would recommend it! Thanks Leanne! Looking forward to the next one!