We all love a little pampering right? This lime-y, ginger-y, cinnamon spiced, sea salt scrub is totally invigorating and tropical, pampering heaven! You can literally transform your home with this DIY beauty treatment into an at home day spa. If you have time off this easter maybe a little pampering is just the thing you need! Why not feed your soul instead of your sweet tooth!? Self-love and care is a big part of health and something as simple as making a natural sea salt scrub is a huge act of self-love that anyone can do. I like to do a trade off with my fiancé. I give him a body scrub and then he gives me one and we’re both left relaxed with silky, smooth skin. I used to be a Remedial Massage therapist and this was one of my luxury treatments. The body scrub is not only great for your skin to remove dead skin cells but it also gets your lympathic system moving and your circulation pumping! This is great for detoxing, weight-loss and your immune system.
You don’t have to know fancy massage techniques to apply this scrub. Just think long flowing movements, you can also do cross friction which is basically moving your hands back and forth in a fast motion to remove the dead skin cells! It’s important to be gentle around the sensitive areas of your skin such as the face, inner forearms and sides of the back. You’re hands will be smoother than you ever thought they could be afterwards too!
Coconut oil is a great oil to use in your beauty routine. It’s antibacterial, anti fungal and anti-inflammatory. I use it in my hair as a treatment too. Coconut oil is very hydrating treat for skin and will keep your connective tissues strong, which prevents wrinkles, YAY! Be sure you use extra virgin unrefined coconut oil with no additives.
Good quality sea salt is one of my must haves. Forget the processed white salt like Table Salt that is stripped of all its minerals, you gotta go with pink himalayan salt or celtic sea salt. If it’s white it’s probably been processed. Our bodies don’t like processed.
If you have sensitive skin, like i do, use less lime and ensure you have grind the sea salt to a fine grain to prevent irritation. the scrub is invigorating so it will give you skin a bit of a “buzz”.
I hope you enjoy your pampering!
Lime & Ginger Sea Salt Scrub
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- the juice from 1-2 limes
- 2/3 cup sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp almond oil or macadamia oil
HOW TO MAKE
- Grab your mortar and pestle and add the sea salt, cinnamon and ginger powder, grind the sea salt flakes down to a fine grain. If you have coarse sea salt use a grinder or food processor to grind the sea salt into a fine grain. Otherwise you’ll be pounding away at your mortar and pestle for days!
- Add the coconut oil, almond oil and lime juice and mix well
- Using a spatula or spoon, take 1 tsp of the scrub for each area of the body, i.e. legs, arms, stomach and you may need 2 tsp for the back
- Massage the scrub in long flowing movements up and down to remove dead skin cells. You can use circles, cross friction or effleurage to distribute the scrub around your body.
- Your skin may turn a little pink, be sure to rub a little softer if you have sensitive skin so as not to irritate.
Whole Food Christmas Cookbook Teaser + Eggnog Smoothie Recipe LAST MINUTE DIY CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEA!Strength Training at Gym of the Year!Red Rush Smoothie by Healthful Pursuit