Chocolate truffles with homemade DIY egg carton wrapping:
This is such a simple little gift idea that’s sure to satisfy and impress. The Chocolate Truffle recipe is from our Christmas Cookbook “A Nourishing Christmas – the sweet edition” available here for $3.95, along with 15 other delicious whole-food christmas favorites. All the recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and soy-free.
Making homemade gifts is my favorite way to show friends and family that i care! Plus you will avoid the Christmas Chaos of packed Shopping malls and you can add that personal touch to your gift. They are also very affordable alternatives, so great if you’re on a budget!
This egg carton wrapping idea is also eco-friendly and i encourage you to use any recycled paper you have in your house or at work to decorate this gift. Get creative! Start collecting your egg cartons over the next couple weeks and recycle any wrapping paper you might receive. We’ve used a paper shopping bag from Whole Foods with a cute snowflake print. I encourage you to look for decorative accents that you might even find in your garden!
Another great idea is printing downloadable gift tags. We have some cute Christmas Tags and Printable stickers you can download and print here. You can simply punch a hole in the top, add some twine and write a simple note.
What you will need:
- 1x 6 egg carton
- twine or ribbon
- cinnamon stick, rosemary sprig or holy to decorate
- recycled paper bag, wrapping paper or any nice paper you have to wrap around the egg carton
- 6 mini cupcake cups or 6 small squares (2inch x 2inch) of baking paper to sit underneath the chocolate truffles
How to make the decorative gift box:
- Take a 6 egg carton. You can remove the label if you choose to but you don’t have to.
- Place chocolate truffles in each hole with a small (approx 2inch x 2inch) square piece of baking paper underneath or mini cup cake paper cups.
- Cut out some recycled paper to approximately these dimensions – 35cm long and 10 cm wide – you could use a brown paper bag from your supermarket or any recycled paper or wrapping paper you have around the house.
- Wrap paper around the egg carton and use a christmas sticker or tape to stick paper together
- Tie twine or ribbon around the egg carton with some rosemary, holy or a cinnamon stick to decorate.
Keep carton in the fridge until you’re ready to give the present!