New Years Eve Decoration ideas: Eco-friendly and easy to make!
Since Brooke and I are together here in Australia this year for NYE we got a little excited and decided to make some New Years Eve party decorations to make the night sparkle!
If you have left over christmas wrapping and ribbon they will be perfect for making confetti boxes AND you can get your eco on!
What you need:
- Left over christmas wrapping from around 4 presents, of different or the same colours OR you could just use newspaper or paper bags.
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or twine
- 4-6 matchboxes depending on how many you’d like to make
- confetti boxes
- Using left over Christmas wrapping and some match boxes we made these eco-friendly homemade confetti boxes.
How to make:
1. Cut out some wrapping paper to cover your match boxes I used a small match box and cut out approx. 5.5 cm X 12cm of paper to cover it. Obviously you don’t need to wrap the sides as the box will still need to slide out.
2. I also used an extra thinner strip a different colour around the middle of the box but you could just do one layer of wrapping.
3. We got a fancy shaped hole punch but any hole punch will do. After you have wrapped all of your match boxes punch as many holes as you can from your left over wrapping paper to make your confetti– this may take some time, 1 box takes around 5 minutes.
4. Get some left over twine or ribbon and tie around the boxes like you would a present.
5. Keep the match sticks and boxes so that after you have used the confetti for NYE you don’t waste the sticks or match boxes.
We hope you all have a magical New Year!