Today I’d like to share one of the recipes in our free ebook. By clicking on the free ebook link , you will be routed to the sign-up page to opt into our email.
The Choco-nana is a dessert style smoothie, for those times when you’d like some sweet tooth satisfaction. I only use banana as the sweetener and if you make it with my brazil nut milk there are some dates in that recipe too.
Loaded with magnesium, the Choco-nana is a great option for those chocolate cravings. These cravings can actually be a sign that you need magnesium and the raw cacao and banana in this smoothie will quench your body’s thirst for magnesium.
Magnesium is a very important mineral. Here are some of its functions in the body:
- imperative in muscle and nerve function
- energy production
- aids digestion
- helps to make important neurotransmitters like serotonin, the “feel good” hormone
- reduces anxiety and irritability
- benefits sleep
- prevents kidney stones
- prevents cardiovascular disease
- reduces birth defects when taken during pregnancy
- assists bone formation
- balances alkalinity, reduces acidity/calcification – also consider silica to reduce calcification
- balances calcium:magnesium ratio – as some diets are very high in calcium.
In our modern diet, there is not enough magnesium especially since our soils are becoming mineral deficient. If you’re not getting enough magnesium from your diet, I recommend taking a magnesium supplement such as Natural Calm (if you’re in the USA). Natural Calm is a highly absorbable form of magnesium. If you’re in Australia, take a chelated magnesium (Microgenics have a good one).
Ok, well that’s enough science stuff! To get the choconana smoothie, sign up for our weekly emails. You’ll also receive 8 additional juice and smoothie recipes.
The Beauty SmoothieWhole Food Christmas Cookbook Teaser + Eggnog Smoothie Recipe